We were approached by the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea LA to provide a telephone system for 2 newly built schools in the borough. One crucially had to have their existing number ported over to maintain their long standing identity known to all parents and services used by the school. The other was a brand new school so a new phone number and system was required.
The options for us were ISDN or VoIP.
Even though we have been given a few more years to be able to purchase ISDN lines, it doesn’t change the fact that it is old technology and will be obsolete in 2025 with all sales of ISDN lines ceasing from 2023.
The choice was obvious… VoIP!
Core Networx procured and installed a high end VoIP system with brand new handsets for both schools. We worked with the school that required their number ported to synchronise the porting procedure and the cancellation of their old contract to allow for a seamless transition for the number to be used at the new school.
The new systems allow for many excellent features such as:
- Low capital expenditure meaning no expensive onsite hardware to install
- Business continuity and remote working by use of mobile apps
- Web portal for system management and administration
- Auto attendant with bespoke call routing options
- Hunt groups to allow calls never to be missed if someone doesn’t answer their phone
- Call pickups to allow other users to collect your call
- Voicemail, Email and message notifications