Barlby and Kensington Queensmill new school build
What was needed for each school:
- Design a network infrastructure layout to maximise network performance
- Design school data cabling infrastructure for main Contractor
- Create a design brief to cater for all ICT hardware for administration and classrooms
- Specify and implement a VoIP telephone system
- Design and implement a robust wireless network
As a member of the Achilles Supply Chain Risk Management, Core Networx were awarded the contract to deliver this Project as an industry recognised trusted supplier. We were approached by the RBKC LA and the schools Barlby and Kensington Queensmill to design and implement all aspects of their ICT ranging from data cabling, network infrastructure, network design and telecommunication, and also facilitate for other IT related services such as Access Control and CCTV.
A single building was to be built to house the two separate schools. Both schools would have separate ICT networks with different requirements.
We are currently working alongside the main building contractor Mace and their Architects to monitor milestones and verify delivery of electrical and cabling work to specification.
We welcome you to check back here for an update when the project has been completed in September 2021
Update: October 2021
We have finally completed all the ICT requirements for both schools.
The project had its challenges especially during this period of Covid which threw up many more unexpected challenges such as lack of stock availability of PCs, laptops and Promethean ActivPanels and also a delay in time-frame to the build completion on the Contractor’s part.
Each challenge was met head on and completed within the time-frame expected of us.
The 2 schools now have their own separate data networks with the following procured and installed:
- LGFL broadband using Virgin Fibre
- New physical servers hosting a few virtualised servers serving different requirements
- Data cabinets housing all patch panels with high end switches utilising a 10Gb backbone
- A Ruckus managed wireless system serving the whole school with bleed out into the outdoor areas where specified
- Latest All-in-One desktop PC’s for all admin offices, classrooms and breakout areas
- Latest mobile devices such as laptops, iPads and Chromebooks
- Safe and secure charging trolleys for iPads, laptops and Chromebooks
- Latest specification Promethean ActivPanels
- New VoIP telephone system
Barlby Primary school was our existing customer so we undertook the task of transferring all existing users and data including their MIS system to their newly built servers.
Kensington Queensmill is a brand new school but an extended branch of Queensmill school in Hammersmith & Fulham so we worked with their IT team to create a bespoke data network infrastructure to suit their needs.
The project was planned and executed perfectly whilst dealing with all the challenges a new build threw at us.